Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 1 and 2

Meet Belize!  I just met her yesterday--in my driveway.  She is not the first starving pit bull to show up and when I saw her I was filled with dismay.  I felt completely hopeless, but I took her inside, got her some food, and started trying to formulate a plan.
 
 
Animal Control is overrun with dogs, and pit bulls are being euthanized in extremely high numbers.  All the no-kill shelters are full, as are the pit bull rescues.

 
Belize appears to be around 8-10 months old.  She was covered in fleas when I found her, but she has since been given a Capstar to kill them off and has been put on Revolution.

 
She has had her first set of shots (DHLPP/C, Bordatella, Rabies) and has tested negative for heartworms!  She has also been dewormed.  As you can see above, she loves riding in the car!

 
Help me find this girl a family by spreading the word on Facebook, Twitter, talking to your friends and family.  There is no way I can keep this girl longterm, but I can get her healthy and ready to love you for the rest of her life.
(770)374-1338

No comments:

Post a Comment